WE LEARNED ABOUT THE STATE SITING REGULATIONS
FROM THE UW-EXTENSION IN DECEMBER,
NOW LET'S LEARN WHAT HAPPENS
AFTER THE CAFO COMES TO TOWN.
The following speakers have agreed to share their expertise and experiences:
- Dr John Ikerd, Professor Emeritus of Agricultural & Applied Economics University of Missouri
- Keeve Nachman, director of the John Hopkin's Food Production and Public Health Program
- Gordon Stevenson, a 26-year veteran of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and former chief of runoff management.
- Lynn Utesch, a grass fed cattle farmer from Kewaunee County.
This informative panel discussion is sponsored by the following organizations:
- Socially Responsible Agricultural Project
- League of Women Voters - Ashland & Bayfield Counties
- The Cornucopia Institute
- Sigurd Olson Environmental Institute
- Wild Rivers Chapter of Trout Unlimited
- Bad River Watershed Association
- We also have many local farmers who are sponsoring as well